Friday, January 4, 2013

Screaming

You came to me in photographs and silhouettes,
Memories that were never mine,
A true love in a false time
Screaming
"I'm not ready for this pain, why must we go this way?"
Forgive the sunsets that you were never quite ready to see,
And love just wasn't ready for me;

As the glue dried I started slipping back to my ceramic base,
A petrified look on a ceramic face,
And cold blue eyes saw a man simply fall apart,

Just like the million pieces you found me in,
This tragedy continued to play out;

As the paint dried you could see just how bad the pigment was taking skin, blood levels low and love levels getting thin

My silver spoon was always the one I never used to eat with,
I can't stand to eat with my mouth that close to a dagger,

Nothing left but the part where you leave,
I'll keep sipping my Jack
The man you'll never know;
Covered by surfaces march-men;
You put me in a war against myself versus brick walls and basketballs,
Leave it to the court to determine where I end up,

Stroke every line you write about being broken hearted

Strike me as broken hearted

No comments: