Friday, June 1, 2012

Pulling the Trigger

Whatever happened to the lines we drew at the beginning of battle?
When the guns are pulled we turned our backs and keep on walking
So you say, I'd rather be scared than dead
Somebody save me now

For all the days spent
I was looking down the barrel of those guns
These words we say,
Forever shooting for dreams

Well keep singing your crazy love songs
In pacing you out
They call me a heavy dreamer but
My nightmares don't compare to reality

Whatever happened to sublimity?
The holsters keep holding the bullets in place
But my heart ain't racing
It's not holding any pace

Well if I keep the barrel pointing your way,
I'm sure I will figure out the problems someday
So pulling the trigger might be the scariest part
When my own death is on my own heart

No comments: