Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Untitled #3

Moments before I left
And the days that followed,
I knew that if I looked into your eyes, you'd never see me again

So say what you want to say,
Lie to my face and make it seem like I can stay
But I know my demons are catching up now

So swallow your pride and allow all of the shame to swell up in your voice when you tell me that it is my time to walk away

The rain is pouring down on our backs
And behind us lies the past,
Remember me now you say,
As we forget who we are

We spend hours trying to walk in someone else's shoes but we forget where ours have been
And the soles have now eroded,
With the simplicity of broken tongues

There is no shame in spilling our guts tonight,
All it takes is one pointing finger down our throats and everything comes back up

I'd keep running to your doorsteps but you haven't convinced me that I am worth your time

No comments: