Monday, May 21, 2012

Recurring Currents

Through the lines,
I've been waiting
Just to see you now, but you keep dodging me
So I guess I will just go
But there's something I wanted you to know,

Oh I've been waiting, wading out here in the sea,
I was swimming now I'm drowning, but this is where I want to be

Through the lines,
I've been writing you,
Hoping you've grazed the world for me
Sitting at home with the door unlocked

Although this place is old, it's the new place I call home,
I was sleeping on park benches all alone

This is the life I live,
Sad as hell with the recurring currents dragging me back under the tide
Somedays death tastes so easy but I keep getting pushed into hope
But I know I'm only drowning myself deeper

If I keep waiting for you to call me now,
I know I'll never pick up where I left off

Through the lines,
The flames keep us waiting
But I'm burning at the thought
You could call it all a waste

No comments: