Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Cartoon Robbery of Teal Walls

It was the wind behind my back
The words that it screamed
And the questions that left my lips
That left my heart reamed

How does it feel, shouting against the sky?
Defining loss as the way to get ahead in life and be so far behind

There's nothing here anymore

So we kept running through the places we used to hide, asking people to show their pride
Our hotel rooms contain things worse than bed bugs
(scarier than rotting flesh)

One day we shall see what the world brings those of who wait, while those blowing us kisses keep us away

With the wind in my face, I've been screaming for nobody to hear me
It proves to me that no one has ever cared enough for the things I used to say

Bitter sweet lines about beating hearts and shallow graves,
Menacing corruptions making us fake

Nowhere in the world can I see myself wishing I was but the places I used to hide all them years ago,
As dryers were the white walls I felt the most content being myself slammed up against

These battered questions left me looking for answers I'm afraid of
And yet once again the world stopped me from spinning out of control

No comments: