Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Semi-Constructed Demolition

Good for you is the words you
Can't undo,
Birds in flocks we all dive together

You wanted to be the one to say
"I wrecked your home"
But you walked into shambles,
A vague reflection of the walls I built for my own sake

Mud, blood and money whole countless hours we put into taking you down

We sent out our senses to see how wishing would never fix the broken.
Falling asleep under the roof we lost
Blown away by the wind
The tapping could not trip us

Birds in flocks two times wiser
None the wiser, we flew into water
Stirringly,
We sat a-stirred
We slept in open water

If its time to go,
I'll stick around and help you get going
There's a million things about me to know
You say it's time for us to go

They will find us buried under our graces,
Looking lost, finding familiar faces
We flew in the sky tonight
We flew until our tongues were tied

No comments: