Sunday, February 5, 2012

Send Me the Ocean

Why do you have to be from a land so distant?
Why can't you see me when I break down?
My hands wanted to stop working but you gave me reason,
A hope and a prayer to land on

So why is life a game to us who don't want to play it?
I fly by to see the sun one more time today, so give me the time and space,
Because living is hard when you fear your own face

I need you here now, because the things you say make me feel like this is so close to home
So send me the ocean,
It will be one less place for you to not be,

If we are on the same page,
I'd lay my head upon your chest
Knowing not how it played out
Being blind won't stop me from seeing you,
So I won't let two thousand miles stop me,

My dreams were vivid
You two belong together,
And I grant you the world to try to stop you
Because love doesn't stop when the world does

Send me the ocean,
So we can swim together and get lost in the vast
Take me into the open
So these sober tears can be my last

No comments: