Sunday, January 8, 2012

Breaks Like Ice (Cream)

You find me under the bridge tonight,
and I'm playing your favorite songs
you stop and say I'm pathetic for making you smile,
but you move on anyway

so you still say I can make these days last
but the last days we had are melted away with
bricks of time and sliding down your spoons

I can't make out with you anymore?
what if I could have made out with you again?
maybe our mouths would be more attracted to finding the words to say
when we had to say goodbye

well I guess I'm just a one hit wonder
(and afterwards I fall apart)
because distance is everything between us
(not like back when it was just a matter of inches)

our body heat
took over your bed sheet
and we rolled there on the ground thinking about how things went so well

but we sat there singing
"Goodbye, I won't ever see you again"
I loved you then, but now you can only be my friend

as I watch him take my shift
protecting you from the thieves that once stole me
and I'm melting away over here
you can't find it inside
to open your eyes,
even though you know

when it's him it's still always me

No comments: