Friday, January 27, 2012

Closure: Searching the Boardwalk

"Closure" poems are written for my friend Paige.

Relentless;

The first way I'd describe you (oh)
When I see you now,
I remember your late night words
I showed you my weakest side in my
Strongest of times
Hoping you'd call me back

Desperate;
But you can't spare me the bullshit,
You know I can see through your lies,
Like windowless eyes,
Super imposed pictures of us can't wait to hit the paper
As you'd rather us die then move on and live

Hopeless;
As you have yet to see,
Making someone the whole world empties yourself of true memories,
Oh how picture frames use to range these walls,
The glass shattered and we fell apart
And how holes paint fury we knew love at its hardest of times
And now my eyes dance ceilings, knowing we just need

Closure

No comments: