Friday, January 27, 2012

Closure: Seeing Through Wooden Doors

"Closure" poems are written for my friend Paige.

I removed your name to forget your face,
With broken promises these hearts are hard to replace

You packed your bags and drove away
And I swore on my tears
After all those pained words
We swore off years;
Hearing you say your way out and how you couldn't be without me showed me I needed to be without you;

I sold my house because after all it was said and done,
You thought I was the only thing missing
Open through eyes showed me the light in the darkest days,
Knowing your fears kept me away from staying nearby,
I can't see you now,
The ghosts of my past with promises that won't last,
Hearing you out while I was deaf seemed to be unimportant to you;

I'll stay away,
You're my burden
I am just beginning to know
Who you really aren't

No comments: