Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lost (in These Dreams)

You light me up like matches,
And ask me to burn this place down to the ground
I'm solid with knowing that you've got me spent and spilled
I walk through these cities asking God why?
Knowing the pressures in your head are too much to keep you from bed.

When we feel like dying,
We lack the self esteem
To keep trying
And keeping our needles clean

You watched me build this house
Only to force me to watch you tear it down
With the words I try to say
You pull me to the ground

So when I sleep, I picture the world we once had,
Where nothing was nostalgic,
And everything was new,
So these are the last lines I'll ever say to you

I'm lost in these dreams,
Because I know that you are fake
But dreaming away a life that would be so much better,
Knowing everything I stand on,
Is more real than you

No comments: