Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wasted By the Blood

maybe if we can ever understand,
what truth in beauty really is.
the sun will rise once again

maybe if God holds us now we won't ever let go,
so call me out, in the shelter I hide
on the bottom of the sea,
I try to reside

but the air is so strong, that nothing gives me
the heart to belong, can't you see?

I died patiently with words waiting for you to paint,
the new empty and broken me.
nothing lives in this cascade, a part of who I was has now departed,
in love we say insane, this truth is only residual,

how do you convince someone who is already set on an answer to reconsider, without sounding rude?

to belong and keep up in this town
we bury our heads so far into the ground,
so we can feel alive again
to know we belong again

next to you, shotgun poses a threat
next to me, my heart falls from the sky in the manner of knowing
who I am,
and again begins the end, of another beautiful thing
wasted

No comments: